Yoga Photography & Videography
by Jodie Louise
Yoga photography to best complement your style & asanas.
Are you a yoga teacher in need of beautiful and professional yoga photography & videography for your personal brand or retreat? Or perhaps you are an avid yogi/yogini & you want to give yourself the gift of honoring your practice?
We will work together to create a vision for your content with the perfect location & time that will best complement your style & asanas.
Throughout the shoot, we will use different landscapes, lighting & props to make the photos interesting & versatile. I love to shoot on the beach at sunrise, in the forest at dusk, or in the yoga studio.
As I have completed a yoga teacher training & have been practicing since I was 12 years old, I can confidently guide you through different postures & movements. I actually became a yoga photographer during my own personal yoga teacher training. I was already a photographer & loved this new artistic expression.
I have a deep passion for yoga, & I’m honored to offer you yoga photography & videoshoots.
What to expect:
- Before your yoga photography shoot, we will develop an inspirational mood board to brainstorm your vision for your photos. We will select the dream location for you to feel comfortable. See some inspo on my Pinterest here.
- Before the shoot, we may connect with one another through breathing exercises & intention setting. I may also guide you through a meditation to support your nervous system to relax.
- The photo/videoshoot itself is a fun, expressive & empowering experience. I will guide you through different asanas, poses & expressions.
- After the shoot, the editing process begins. You will have the opportunity to request any changes after the first round of edits you desire to achieve a result that feels in alignment with your dreams.
- Walk away from this experience with powerful, high-quality photos that reveal your inner yogis style & expression.
Bring with you:
- An open heart
- A selection of your favourite items of clothing & accessories
- Any props you desire to weave into your photos – yoga mat, blocks, towel, strap, etc.
- Something to drink – stay hydrated!
- A sarong to cover you when changing & to lay down
- Comfortable footwear in case we need to walk to multiple locations
Never had a shoot before?
If you have never been in front of the camera before, don’t worry!
I will guide you to feel safe & confident, while directing you through different poses, movements & expressions. Together, we will create an unforgettable experience that will leave you feeling empowered, confident, strong & beautiful!
How to prepare:
A few tips to get the most out of this experience:
- Have a good sleep to look fresh, rested & in shape for the shoot
- Practice your postures in front of a mirror or ask a friend to take a few photos on your phone.
- Take some time to warm up & stretch before we meet for our shoot. This will ensure you are ready to show off your best asanas
- Bring a few of your favorite pieces of yoga attire, decide if you want to use jewelry, scarves, a yoga mat or rug & how best to style your hair
- Bring a couple of changes of clothes to make your photos more dynamic
- Ensure you consider the colours that best represent your brand or desired look. I’m also happy to help you develop a colour palette for your brand & social media
Wondering what to wear?
I am absolutely obsessed with the Mira Maya range of yoga wear. They not only make you feel like an absolute goddess, but they feel like a second skin; they are so comfortable. Check out this photo I took in Bali of the range. They look so great on all different shapes & sizes too!
Use code LOVEJODIE for 15% off
Do you want to take your yoga photos to the next level?
My beloved Can & I will co-create to turn your beautiful photographs into Sacred Art expressions.
This will bring out the magic of your unique embodiment using a fusion of sacred geometry & feminine archetypes to really unleash & emanate your unique essence through photographic/digital art.
Together, our energies intertwine to share our connected heartfelt creations with you. The balance of masculine & feminine energies, melds precision & structure with softness & intuitive flow.
We’ll support this experience by giving permission to your inner goddess, priestess, faye, mermaid, or wild woman to shine through in her fullest expression. All infused with sacred geometry from the language of creation to radiate more inspiration, more healing & harmony with all who receive this transmission.
“Yoga is so much more than just touching your toes; it’s about how you arrive there.”
Claire Smith – Salt Yoga
Jodie is an amazing photographer that knows how to capture authenticity, beauty, joy and fun!!! I did a group photoshoot with her and she showed a lot of patience, she had great suggestions for poses and made everyone feel special. I had a lot of pleasure during the shoot and later seeing the pics and remembering those moments!
Book a Yoga Shoot With Me
Let’s capture your beautiful & sacred soul.
As a traveling nomad, I am often on the move. I have been lucky enough to travel across the world photographing the most magical locations including Bali, Turkey, Costa Rica, Ibiza, Spain, Portugal, Amsterdam, Singapore, Mexico & Egypt. Keep up to date with where I am on Instagram here. I’d be honoured to be your yoga photographer, together, we’ll create a safe space for you to shine.